Wednesday, February 27, 2008

School Stories

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved school. You may not believe this, but I used to pretend I was Laura Ingalls Wilder! On Saturdays, I would I put on my pink bonnet and teach my stuffed horses and bears their letters and numbers!

As we all know, education has changed greatly since Laura’s time. I’m willing to bet that our children know very little about how school used to be for their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents.

So, I'm asking the HAL students to research school history. For this project, students will be asking questions to find out more about this topic. Last week students traveled to Centennial Park, The Senior Center, and Linden Court to interview people about their school memories.





Next week, some people from the Living History group will visit our schools. Students will also be talking to their family members about their experiences. The information they gather will be combined into a class book. Our plan is to sell the books and donate the proceeds back into the community. If you have a school story to share, please contact us!

No comments: